Friday, December 11, 2009

Santa Clause 1, 2, 3

Christmas is coming and for the past week ... I've crawled into bed by 8 pm each night to watch the yuletide specials. There's been Santa Clause 1, 2 and 3 and multiple Hallmark Channel specials, but so far have not seen the perennial "It's a Wonderful Life".

But no fear. If worse comes to worse, I'll pull out the videos of the ones I missed and watch them locally. Somehow, it's more fun if they are on TV. But the video is still close at hand.

Each day, I've unpacked more of the Holiday decorations -- giving hubby a new surprise each night. The tree will wait until the sons come home to help decorate.

Our only casualty so far has been the lovely pointsettia I bought for the front yard. You would think it would survive in Arizona, but a brief span of 40 degree nights quickly brought it to its knees.

I pulled the plant inside yesterday, but fear it may not recover. It looks pretty wilted, but is now sitting beneath a window covered in sunshine. We will see. If it recovers, it will become an indoor plant. Can always get something plastic for the yard.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment