Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Hula Hoop, Anyone?

Today, have decided to turn a new positive leaf ... and am trying to find a Hula Hoop. Have been reading that the newest, old trend is the Hula Hoop.

Regains your sense of peace, energy and youthfulness while trimming off some of those excess pounds. Sounds like my cup of tea! (Why is it my conversations always turn to food or shopping?)

This weekend, I plan to find a hula hoop in the local toy store. Lots more reasonably priced than the huge exercise machine my hubby wants to get me. "I'd never use it, " I tell him. "It would just gather dust or become a clothes hanger. Besides, where would I put something that big?"

He is just as sure that it could sit on the patio (and get rained on?). But summer is too hot, winter too cold, days too short and nights too dark for exercise -- and mornings? Way too early.

Am a pro at explaining why I didn't exercise. There's also the excuse that I don't have leotards ... or do, but can't stand wearing them out the door. Someone might see.

Bless those people who love to run and sweat. Am happier -- maybe lumpier -- but certainly happier sitting here with a glass of wine, some cheese and crackers. And maybe by the weekend, a Hula Hoop!

Salud!

No comments:

Post a Comment